There are no active watches, warnings or advisories for Chester County (Pennsylvania)
as of: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 21:04:17 EST/EDST
Weather is by far one of the most common situations where emergency planning and preparedness are required. Different regions of the country, and even our individual local municipalities can be impacted in totally different ways as a result of a weather event.
On this site, we cannot possibly cover every single weather situation. We have instead, tried to provide information or links to information sources that can be of value before, during, and after a weather event.
Situational awareness is a term that describes your knowledge about what is currently happening or expected to happen. The hyperlinks provided below are a means for increasing your situational awareness about a number of different types of events.
There is no substitute for your own eyes and ears, but you also cannot be everywhere at the same time. You should always utilize whatever information is readily available: radio and TV broadcasts, real-time information feeds from trusted sources, or other reference material. The idea is to improve your understanding about what is happening and where it is happening.
- National Weather Service Information: Latest Local Forecast (West Grove)
- National Weather Service Information: Latest Regional Briefing (Philadelphia)**
- Local Stream Gauge Charts (height and flow only)
- Chester County Stream Gauge Information (USGS)
Being prepared for different weather situations is often just using good common sense. If you understand the types of hazards that may happen during specific weather (or even non-weather) events, you can prepare to protect yourself and your family and minimize the risk to life, health, and property.
- Difference between a WATCH and a WARNING
- Hurricane Safety Brochure
- Thunderstorm, Tornado, and Lightning Information
- Winter Weather Preparedness
- Flood Safety Information
- NOAA Weather Information